This is a superb opportunity for a candidate with previous Process Engineering experience, to join a leading electronics manufacturer. You will be self-motivated, with an analytical approach to fault finding / problem solving with knowledge of PCB manufacturing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing process support to all areas of Production including surface mount testing, Conventional and Unit build
- Investigation and reporting of process issues to management and relevant departments
- Making an estimate production time for potential new products using Customer information, Bill of Materials, Cad data, Gerber, drawings, layouts to enable the Sales team to create an accurate customer price offer
- Supporting the Production Engineers in the SMT Department in creation and optimization of new SMT programs for Juki placement machines
- Optimize SMT programs, split them on two machines (sometimes manually split), to obtain the best time and quality for the product
- Optimize the new component setup needed for the SMT program
- Create SMT printer and oven programs. Check oven profiles on a monthly basis.
- Supporting the Production Engineers in creation and issue control of Production Build Packages using Aegis Circam/ Factory Logix or Microsoft Word
- Creation and Implementation of Change orders and ensuring latest revision information is being used
- Monitoring production of current jobs to ensure good time efficiencies are being achieved. Where necessary, modify production tie to reflect actual production in order to be able to offer best price for the services to the customer and achieve profitability for the company.
- Technical and process interventions, for example fault finding, calibration of production equipment and verification of programs. Adjustment of programs when required
- Assist with Planning and implementation of preventative maintenance schedules and m/c breakdowns. Including liaison with internal departments and external contractors
- Heading up the continuous improvement programme. Evaluating and implementing the improvement ideas put forward by the Technicians/Operators in the various departments
- Training and coaching new operators by using company training modules and agreed best practice
- Implementing new products into production. Assuring these meet the process and quality requirements. Checking component presence, positioning and polarities on the boards
- Creating programs for solder paste printers, barcode printer, reflow oven, AOI – Support program creation for Jits, Selective Soldering, Conformal coating
- Conducting a status review of production performances using production logs. Checking program optimizations. Implementing process improvements
- Creating and updating work instructions and procedures
- Liaising with the Engineering team to keep on top of functional priorities that occurred within the production process
- Providing technical expertise on the shop floor, for queries both of a technical and practical nature
- Being a main part of the shop floor efficiency drive program, creating ways of process improvement decreasing waste and decreasing the overall time a product is on the shop floor.
Required Skills and Experience:
- SMT/PCB Process Engineering
- Solder / Reflow oven profiling
- Conformal Coating
- Selective Soldering
- Fault Finding
- Lean Manufacturing
- Organisation / Project Management
- Team Management
- Quality Control
- Process Improvements
- New Product Introduction
- Solder paste printing
- Solder Reflow
- SMIT Pick & Place
- Production Management
- Labour Costings
- Microsoft Production
- Windows OS
- IFS / SAP
- Autocad / Draftsight
- Agile / Lean
Please contact us now for further information and to discuss a possible interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.