Night and Day Shifts
- One week working Monday to Friday 10pm – 7am and
- The following week from 5am – 2pm on a rotating shift.
The salary is £26-28,000 plus bonus
This is a great opportunity to work for a company that values their people and they offer great training, development and progression. You will be working in a busy transport office and planning dispatch of deliveries. Ideally, you will have previous experience in logistics, planning or routing and working to deadlines, whilst liaising effectively with drivers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for planning a dispatch of deliveries daily of up to 37 vehicles (vans and HGVs).
- Answering the telephones in a timely and courteous manner
- Accurate utilisation of staff and vehicles using the company diary sheet/Planner
- Routing all inbound deliveries ensuring routes are both achievable and vehicles are used to best efficiency, maintaining and updating any amendments throughout the shift so the information is live for all to access
- Dealing with drivers queries appropriately, and ensuring driver’s collections and deliveries are completed to schedule
- Completing a daily warehouse/held freight checks to ensure all service agreements are met
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints effectively, ensuring that goodwill is maintained
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other depots and staff
- Accurately preparing administration within set timeframes required
- Carrying out other tasks that may be required for the company from time to time
- Adhering to health and safety policies, and other requirements relating to care of equipment
- Must have 1 + years’ experience in logistics preferably transport planning or routing.
- You must be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of vehicle capacity and payload whilst planning for efficiency.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and office packages is essential.
- Only candidates with proven logistics planning experience and the ability to work shifts, will be considered.
Please apply now to learn more and discuss. Interviews asap!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.