Such a positive and happy day! Made job offers to four very talented, motivated and inspiring ambassadors for Masson Appointments. Listening to candidates reactions when offered the job they really want, is the best feeling in the world! I’m very lucky to meet such wonderful people and hope next time I need to speak to […]
We are wholeheartedly behind this campaign to raise standards within the industry and for both clients and job seekers alike.
What is this about?
To become as successful as possible in the attraction, selection and hiring of people, it is vital to ensure that good practice prevails throughout the resourcing process. The campaign, created by businesses for businesses, exists to promote the critical importance that good recruitment practice plays in organisational success. As demand returns to the economy and businesses are looking to hire more staff, fine-tuning their resourcing strategies becomes critical. This is the right time to create a national focus on good recruitment. The campaign will help organisations to reinvigorate their recruiting strategies so they provide a better candidate experience and work more effectively with their recruitment partners.
- To promote recruitment good practice to UK employers of all sizes, whether in the public or private sector
- To establish a community of HR, talent, internal resourcers, procurement professionals and business leaders, to champion good recruitment practice
- To move good resourcing up the corporate agenda as talent becomes more business-critical
- To help businesses to benchmark their current resourcing practice and seek areas to improve
- To provide guidance and tools for employers to benchmark how effective they are in applying recruitment good practice
- To provide tools for REC members so that they can promote good recruitment to their clients
- To promote flexible working and different employment models for employers to consider early in the recruitment process
- To enable organisations to demonstrate to candidates that they aspire to deliver a good recruitment experience
- To create competitive advantage by building an employer brand that helps attract today’s hard-to-find talent
- To carry out specific research into new approaches in recruitment, and to share this with the Good Recruitment community.
Looking through old photo’s I found these from a Careers Jobs Fair, we exhibited in back in 2004. These are always great networking events, to meet job seekers and also companies looking to hire. I am keen to volunteer for charities holding recruitment open days and to help in any way I can. Please contact me to discuss.
Quirky interview questions are often asked to see how candidates respond with pressure. My personal belief is that by putting candidates at ease, then you get to see as much of the “real” person as possible in an interview scenario. Quirky questions from well known organisations include: “Are you more of a hunter or a […]
LinkedIn have surveyed 10,000 of their 7 million members to ascertain why people leave their jobs… Findings show that large organisations (5,000 staff) are not retaining talent, whereas smaller businesses (500 staff and less) are attracting that talent. The number 1 reason people left their companies was lack of career advancement and joined companies where […]
Attended a really informative and insightful graphology course today at South Lodge Hotel. Having worked with psychometric assessments previously, this could definitely benefit some organisations in candidate profiling and I will be looking into this further. I was amazed at some of the traits and behaviours that the handwriting analysis can reveal. If you are […]
I am delighted to welcome you to our brand “new-look” website. I have been working with my friends at BritWeb and together we have designed this site, to portray what Masson Appointments is really about. I provide a very bespoke and personal service and pride myself on the relationships with my clients and candidates and these are […]
Welcome to my first Blog! Thank you for dropping by. I will be updating this page regularly with all sorts of articles relating to the recruitment process and industry. Over the coming days, I will be posting my thoughts on topics such as, Dressing for Success, Top Interview Skills, Interview Pitfalls to Avoid, Tricky Interview […]