As a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, we are regularly kept up to date with the ever changing issues surrounding employment and the law. I thought it would be of interest, for you to see their Press Release following today’s exit from Europe. ‘Brexit mustn’t break UK jobs machine’ – REC Filed under […]
Minimum Wage and National Living Wage – an overview Exemptions There are a number of people who are not entitled to the NMW. Self-employed people. Volunteers or voluntary workers. Company directors. Family members, or people who live in the family home of the employer who undertake household tasks. All other workers including pieceworkers, home workers, […]
The Government’s National Living Wage is introduced today, on 1 April 2016 for all working people aged 25 and over, and will be set at £7.20 per hour. The current National Minimum Wage for those under the age of 25 will continue to apply. Employers need to ensure that they are paying their employees the correct […]
I’m thrilled to be a part of the Arundel community and thank you to Barb Hogan for all her support with the announcements on the town’s website and also on their Facebook page.
I am very keen to support the local businesses to find top talent and love the view from my office of the Castle! For more information about “what’s on in Arundel, as well as some fantastic business listings, please view:
Recruitment Business Opens in Arundel
Arundel has a new recruitment business in town.
Masson Appointments owned by Tessa Masson has opened in the High Street. Her offices are in the Old Bank House opposite the Town Quay.
If you are looking for employment or needing staff go and see Tessa. Her 18 years of experience within the recruitment businesses ensures Tessa helps to create perfect professional matches.
We are wholeheartedly behind this campaign to raise standards within the industry and for both clients and job seekers alike.
What is this about?
To become as successful as possible in the attraction, selection and hiring of people, it is vital to ensure that good practice prevails throughout the resourcing process. The campaign, created by businesses for businesses, exists to promote the critical importance that good recruitment practice plays in organisational success. As demand returns to the economy and businesses are looking to hire more staff, fine-tuning their resourcing strategies becomes critical. This is the right time to create a national focus on good recruitment. The campaign will help organisations to reinvigorate their recruiting strategies so they provide a better candidate experience and work more effectively with their recruitment partners.
- To promote recruitment good practice to UK employers of all sizes, whether in the public or private sector
- To establish a community of HR, talent, internal resourcers, procurement professionals and business leaders, to champion good recruitment practice
- To move good resourcing up the corporate agenda as talent becomes more business-critical
- To help businesses to benchmark their current resourcing practice and seek areas to improve
- To provide guidance and tools for employers to benchmark how effective they are in applying recruitment good practice
- To provide tools for REC members so that they can promote good recruitment to their clients
- To promote flexible working and different employment models for employers to consider early in the recruitment process
- To enable organisations to demonstrate to candidates that they aspire to deliver a good recruitment experience
- To create competitive advantage by building an employer brand that helps attract today’s hard-to-find talent
- To carry out specific research into new approaches in recruitment, and to share this with the Good Recruitment community.
I am delighted to welcome you to our brand “new-look” website. I have been working with my friends at BritWeb and together we have designed this site, to portray what Masson Appointments is really about. I provide a very bespoke and personal service and pride myself on the relationships with my clients and candidates and these are […]
Welcome to my first Blog! Thank you for dropping by. I will be updating this page regularly with all sorts of articles relating to the recruitment process and industry. Over the coming days, I will be posting my thoughts on topics such as, Dressing for Success, Top Interview Skills, Interview Pitfalls to Avoid, Tricky Interview […]